Breathtaking, Challenging and Spectacular – the new Z101
You wanted it, you get it: the 100 KM long distance! 2022 Mayrhofen Ultraks Zillertal offer you the ultimate test!
Over 101km, the Z101 takes you along high-altitude trails through the gorgeous Zillertal Alps past some of the most famous and historic mountain refuges. As a runner you will overcome 8,800m on challenging, technical terrain and get a taste of Italian air at the Pfitscher Joch. The highest point of the route is at a proud 3,123m. The transition at Schönbichler Horn marks the roof of the tour. The Z101 brings you to your limits – PROPERLY!
The start goes off on Friday evening at the Europahaus Mayrhofen, the race is the prelude to the exciting Ultraks weekend. The course leads you out of Mayrhofen, after a short “rolling in” the course gains more and more altitude. Shelters are passed regularly, which serve as refreshment and emergency starting stations. On high altitude paths it goes to the Pfitscher Joch, to the Austrian-Italian border. From there you will go up and down several times. You will experience the most striking and beautiful crossings between the numerous side valleys, before the crux of the route, the “Siebenschneidenweg”, demands everything from you in the last section. The rough block fields in the Karen high above the Stilluptal you overcome at the end before you can still enjoy the final downhill back to Mayrhofen.
The route runs outside Mayrhofen on signposted hiking trails and is additionally not marked for nature conservation reasons. Eachr runnerin must navigate themselves by means of GPS and map. According to the ethics in trail running, the run is to be completed in partial autonomy. A Runner’s Briefing is mandatory for all participants on Thursday evening.
Each participant must provide proof of an ultra result (min. 80km) in the last three years.
Catering will be self-supported and there will be food points at selected huts only.
Experience the uniqueness of the Zillertal Alps
101km / 8.800hm
- Start: Friday, 09. September 2022, 20:30 clock
- Start/Finish: Ultraks Zone
- Distance: 101+ kilometers
- Altitude difference: 8.800m
- Highest point: Schönbichler Horn – 3.123m
- Maximum number of participants: 101
- ITRA points: pending
Your safety is our first priority. For this reason, the following equipment must be taken along. The material will be checked before the start.
- Cell phone (always on)
- Additional mobile device
- Emergency blanket
- Elastic bandage for an emergency bandage
- Jacket for bad weather in the mountains (waterproof)
- Warm long sleeve layer
- Long overtrousers or leg warmers
- Headband or cap
- Head torch
- Personal, individual food
- Water bottle (min. 0,5l)
- Water bag
Together with the mountain rescue and our timing partner Time2Win we guarantee the safety of all participants. For this reason, the following rules apply to all runners:
- Each athlete must provide proof of successful participation in a trail run of at least 80km.
- The mountain rescue team will supervise the run together with the race organizers and will be available at all times.
- The runners have to carry a GPS tracker provided by the race management.
- Each participant is obliged to present a rescue insurance for Austria.
- There are different cut-off times – you can find them at the course profile.
What do you receive?
- Track catering at selected huts
- Runners Meal at the finish
- Luggage storage
- GPS tracker
- Finisher T-Shirt Z101 from Salomon
- Free entrance to the public swimming pool Mayrhofen
- Return transport at cut-off
For the safety of all runners there will be cut-off times at the following points:
Greizer hut: 4 p.m.
Kassel hut: 8 p.m.